Last year we offered both summer online and face to face programmes for teachers. These programmes received very positive feedback from participants. We are delighted to announce that both programmes will be available again for the summer of 2017.
SUMMER ONLINE COURSE
This course is entitled "Using Positive Psychology to Support Well-being in School" and has been designed in conjunction with the INTO.
This course aims to:
- Provide an understanding of the science of Positive Psychology and explore the evidence available to support the benefits of positive psychology strategies
- Explore the benefits of enhancing well-being and, in particular, the link between well-being, learning and successful school outcomes
- Provide a range of evidence-based strategies that can enhance the well-being of children and their learning in the classroom
- Understand how each well-being intervention is grounded in the SPHE curriculum and can be supported by the SSE process
- Consider strategies that, if applied, enhance teacher well-being
For more details of the content included in each of the 5 modules of the programme click here. Teachers will get the opportunity to experience practical Positive Psychology strategies on a personal level. To book a place on our online programme please click here. (Please note that you will have to Log in/Register on the moodle.intolearning.com website to gain access).
NB: SPECIAL OFFER: €10 OFF Bookings until Wednesday 17th May
Group Bookings Discount Available - Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMER FACE TO FACE COURSE
We have also been approved to deliver a number of 5 day face to face courses. This programme is called "Well-Being, Positive Psychology and Mindfulness in the Classroom. The first of these programmes will be provided by the Drumcondra Education Centre and delivered in Balbriggan Educate Together by our co-author Fiona Forman. It will be held from 3rd to 7th July. To book a place contact the Drumcondra Education centre or check out their website www.ecdrumcondra.ie. There will also be another programme provided be the Dublin West Education Centre that week although this course is already booked out. A third programme will be held in the Navan Education Centre from 10th July to 14th July. For more details or to book a place on this programme click here.
Under DES rule 58 of the Rules for National Schools, teachers are entitled to Extra Personal Vacation (EPV) after completing either of these summer courses.